Tuesday, January 30, 2007

They Shoot Horses, Don't They?

Barbaro: Not a Leg To Stand On!

I am posting this today, to hold a spot, on this date, for myself, and others to post thoughts about this subject. hum. I wonder just what this subject is? Something I believe we need to explore.

Last week I saw the film, Seabuisquit, oops, mispelled... The difference between the injuries had huge difference in results. One recovered, and the other didn't.

Then, the issue of social justice which was tied to horses being put out of their misery long ago in the film "They Shoot Horses, Don't They?" comes to ming.

And there are other films, based on books about horses that explore, if in a side way clance, the issue of disability and social justice. Can you guess what book, film I am hinting at? Black Beauty.

Of course, there are many more. Here I am inviting everyone to contribute and horse stories that you believe to be linked to disability issues the disability community is facing today.

Please....be my guest...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home